AIAM 2013 Annual Conference
15 October - AMRRIC
Submit for an AIAM Award
Australian Institute of Animal Management Inc
|Check us out on Facebook!|
About Animal Management
Animal management involves the control and regulation of pet (companion) animals by Local Government. In Australia, Urban animal management is a
Local Government service intended to realise the following two goals:
- Effectively promote responsible and considerate pet animal ownership.
- Effectively minimise public pet nuisance.
Animal management involves working with an interactive mix of the
following three separate complex scientific disciplines:
- Animal behaviour,
- Human behaviour, and
- Community behaviour.
Animal management is a municipal service that dovetails with
Government’s quadruple bottom line of:
- Community (public health, welfare and amenity),
- Economy (commercial activity and employment),
- Environment (wildlife and habitat protection), and
- Governance (transparency and integrity of community service delivery).
Animal management includes the following three main delivery phases:
- Public awareness,
- Regulation, and
- The provision of necessary community infrastructure.
OUR VISION: AIAM, in the finish, hopes to have been instrumental in
promoting a standard of Local Government Animal Management service for Australia that has shaped ours as being one of the most sensible, responsible
and considerate urban animal owning communities in the world.
AIAM MAJOR SPONSOR 2013
AIAM Principal Sponsors 2013